Have something to say about a particular gospel theme or some other topic as it relates to the intersections of faith and sexuality or gender identity? Have thoughts about how to thrive in living the gospel, how to build stronger relationships with family members, how to nurture a more sensitive and compassionate conversation in our congregations, or how to better minister to those who experience SSA or identify as LGBT? We’d love to hear them! We invite you to submit a guest post.
An important part of North Star’s mission is to provide a forum which gives voice to the perspectives, experiences, and testimonies of Latter-day Saints who are striving to live the gospel in accordance with the doctrines and values of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
There are those of you out there who have valuable thoughts and insights you’d like to share, or there are things you’d like to share that are too long for comments or, frankly, that deserve a post of their own. We’d like to provide you an outlet for your thoughts. If you have insights about a particular gospel theme or some other topic as it relates to the intersections of faith and sexuality or gender identity, please consider a guest post submission.
What to Write
We are interested in submissions from a variety of perspectives and on a variety of topics, all as they relate to experiencing peace and congruence as a faithful member of the Church, including:
- Gospel doctrines or teachings of Church leaders;
- Experiencing personal or spiritual change brought by applying the atonement in your life;
- Principles of mental health and wellness or spirituality that impact thriving in living the gospel;
- Navigating the blessings and challenges of life as a single member of the Church;
- Navigating the blessings and challenges of marriage;
Submissions can range from 1000 to 2000 words in length. The optimal length is 1400 to 1600 words. See some examples here.
Also, since each post has a “featured image,” find an image that you’d like to include as a header to your post. This imagine can be one of you as the author or it can be an image that represents the theme of your post. The featured image the featured image should be square or landscape and of high pixel quality. You may also include other pictures as part of your post and will designate where those images go in your text when you submit it to us. Be sure to include any reference, permissions or citation information, when legally necessary.
Please see our Writing Guide for Guest Authors (please review this closely) for some additional helps and suggestions.
How to Submit
Submit your guest posts to to email@example.com and include the following:
- The Subject line of your email should read, “Blog submission: [title of your blog post].”
- Put the content of your post in the email message body and attach your imagine (with any reference/citation information, if applicable).
- Include your name and a short biographical blurb (about 2-3 sentences) so that we can give you proper credit.
- Be sure to attach your “featured image” and any other images you may want (again, a featured image is required; additional images are optional).
We will select as Guest Posts those submissions that we find relevant, insightful, well-written, and in harmony with the purpose and focus of Northern Lights, and we may elect not to post those submissions that are not such.